Call Us Today (732) 295-5584
Home » The Department of State alerts U.S. citizens to the upcoming Hurricane Seasons
July 29, 2014

The Department of State alerts U.S. citizens to the upcoming Hurricane Seasons


Contact: Amanda Edwards
I & E Insurance Agency


[email protected]

The Department of State alerts U.S. citizens to the upcoming Hurricane Seasons
in the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean.

Hurricane Season started on June 1 and ends November 30.  The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAH) recommends that those in hurricane prone regions, to prepare for the season immediately.

While official reports from the  National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) Climate
Prediction Center
predict near-normal or below-normal hurricane season this year ,
property and homeowners should not be complacent. Proper attention and reviews of insurance policies would be wise for all property owners.

Ernest Caponegro, president of I & E Insurance Agency,Point Pleasant NJ, commenting on
the recent Hurricane report stated: ” Even though Hurricane Sandy effected our area
hard in 2012, we are seeing home and property owners dismissing any possibility of another hurricane hitting our area.  This is unfortunate; people’s attitudes are troubling with comments ranging from ” it can’t happen twice, to it’s a waste of money and Uncle Sam will cover me.” We are seeing people reduce coverage and in some cases completely eliminating their flood insurance policies.  This kind of attitude will hurt property owners severely
if another event were to happen while they are unprepared.”

Presently, the chances are for about a 50% for a below-normal season, 40% chance of a near-normal season, and just a 10% of an above-normal season.  NOAA predicts a likely development of El Nino during the summer or early fall and a 70 percent chance of 8 to 13 named storms, of which three to six are predicted to strengthen to a hurricane (with top winds of 74 mph or higher).  Of those, one to two are expected to become major hurricanes (with top winds of 111 mph or higher, ranking Category 3, 4, or 5 on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale). 

Mr. Caponegro further commented: “Property owners should have the proper insurance coverage for peace of mind and the ability to recover and restart from what they have lost. Unfortunately, some people treat Insurance as a mantance program and an investment account. This is wrong. Insurance should allow one to come back from a catastrophe, providing a fresh start, no worse, no better (outside of a deductible amount) than before that event occurred. It’s apparent in the current political environment, where entitlement is the operative word, people feel they are due compensation and are ignoring their own personal responsibility, and some even expect the Government and others to pay for their mistakes.  The reality of that philosophy may be very disappointing and most will find little consolidation after a loss occurs.  We encourage all property owners to be diligent, do their own research as to the benefits of insurance and the potential risks of  ignoring proper risk management .” 

about I & E Insurance Agency-

I & E Insurance Agency, is a Full Service Independent Trusted Choice member, whose owners
(2) have a combined 67 + years experience, a member of the ANE Network of Independent
Insurance Agencies and associated with the  Trusted Choice® Agency network.
For further information about I & E Insurance Agency call 732-899-8177– see our website at  I & E Insurance Agency  is proud to announce it’s nomination

by its customers as one of the Best Insurance Agencies in the 2014 Asbury Park Press 
“ Best of Ocean and Monmouth County People’s Choice Award. 
Vote here at–Ocean-Best-of-the-Best-2014/Ballot/PeopleampServices     ​​​​




This web site may contain concepts that have legal, accounting and tax implications. It is not intended to provide legal, accounting or tax advice.

You may wish to consult a competent attorney, tax advisor, accountant, or your own financial advisor. EMC Insurance Agency & Financial Services LLC dba I & E Insurance Agency & Financial Services is an Independent Insurance Agency, a Member of the Trusted Choice, Independent Agents of America & PIA contact your own advisors before making any financial decision. Services offered through independent NON-AFFILIATED ENTITIES

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

©2023. All rights reserved. | Powered by Zywave Websites